[Vision2020] RE: A Bewildering Presidency--37% of American still have head up their ass

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 20:58:41 PDT 2005

Yes Mr. Hansen, it is a bewildering Presidency!

In a new poll produced by CBS, it found that 37% of Americans still have their head up their ass. CBS discovered this by asking US Citizens the following question:

"Do you approve of the way the President is handling his job?"

A surprising 37% of respondents said they do.

But the good news is, this number continues to decline.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/06/opinion/polls/main924485.shtml

-DJA

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
Greetings Visionaires -

As a matter of habit, I regularly read the Opinions Section of the Spokesman
Review. It tends to give me a sense of the "pulse" of the inland empire
when it comes to various political issues.

Today's (October 8, 2005) Spokesman Review was no exception.

With a special thanks to Donald O. Capstick of Spokane, I had the pleasure
of reading what has become so painfully clear to most of us.

A bewildering presidency

To paraphrase Al Capp's comment about an art form he abhorred, Mr. Bush's
presidency is: "A product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled, to
the utterly bewildered."

This isn't simply about the injurious actions or inactions of Mr. Bush
himself, or the voodoo (e.g., McJob-type) "wealth" cultivated by his
advisers and masters instead of the real wealth of vital domestic-based
industries, or about those who so damagingly believe supporting his
presidency can lead to a theocratic nirvana.

The current breadth and depth of political incompetence, corruption,
economic pillaging and holier-than-thou selfishness now hemorrhaging our
nation's strength and self-worth cannot be countenanced when cataclysm by
terrorist attack is potentially but moments away.

Had Mr. Bush been president during World War II, his administration's
blatant championing of the interests of war profiteers and greedy
pseudo-capitalists (pirates who hold no allegiance but to gold) would be
prima facie evidence of abject failure.

That said, let's be unequivocal about our underlying moral dilemma and
mortal issues: This isn't about "no war" but rather "which war," because,
undeniably, violent Islam really does want to murder us. We cannot allow
ourselves to be bled by Iraq-type diversions, or to be weakened from within
by economic disloyalties or by fostering dangerously selfish political and
religious divisiveness.

Donald O. Capstick

Spokane

Thank you, Mr. Capstick, and . . .

Take care, Moscow.

"What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they
are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say
about their cause, but what they say about their opponents."

-- Robert F. Kennedy

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com