[Vision2020] The Deceptions of War

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Nov 30 18:28:50 PST 2005

Excellently written, Nick.

The Bush administration lives in a world full of smoke and mirrors, where
snake oil is a valued commodity, the lives of those in uniform are nothing
more than cannon fodder and the civilian population of Iraq are measured in
terms such as "collateral damage".

I have, more than likely, served more time in the chow lines of the many
mess halls I have eaten in than Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, etc. etc. have
served in uniform combined.  Bush's chest-thumping policy of "Stay the
Course" tactics and "You're either with us or you are unpatriotic" policy
does not harmonize well with the eulogies of 2,000+ casualties, not to
mention those service men and women who return from Iraq scarred and broken
for countless years to come.

What was once front-page news when casualties were reported from Bush's War,
now amount to nothing more than space filler on page 6.

And the beat goes on . . .

Take care, Moscow.

Pro patria,

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

  _____