[Vision2020] Debate on Evil

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Wed Nov 30 10:29:56 PST 2005

Hi Michael,

I thought I had already started the debate by giving you my Katrina column
and my article on divine power.  If you want a specific focus, I challenge
you (1) to offer a creationist, theistic solution to "metaphysical" evil
that does not resort to Manicheanism; and (2) to demonstrate that Yahweh,
who called for the genocide of the Canaanites and destroyed Job and his
family, can be called "good."  Since a literal reading of scripture says
that Yahweh does "evil," then it appears that we have made evidential
claims of evil and the problem of induction a moot point.

I eagerly await your reply.

Nick Gier

"The god you worship is the god you deserve."
~~ Joseph Campbell