[Vision2020] The crazy side of the line & Killing Babies

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Mon Nov 28 17:35:50 PST 2005

Tom Wrote:

Michael Metzler stated:

"I do not think it is wise to characterize an entire civilization in terms
of one practice, particularly a practice that was not understood universally
as a simple evil at that time."

You're right, Mr. Metzler.  Take away the extermination of six million Jews.
Write off the labor and concentration camps as co-ed dude ranches.  You're
left with a bunch of misunderstood misfits led by an Austrian that made a
bad career move.

Me:

Of course, slaves were not typically treated like Jews in concentration
camps.  But this is really beside the point.  I'll give you a contemporary
example to explain my point: I believe that abortion, generally speaking,
and particularly the sort that is often performed in such massive numbers in
our country, is murder and evil. In fact, I'd be inclined to think it worse
than slavery; I'd rather have been born and kept a slave on one of the
better plantations than murdered at 18 weeks.  Yet, I'm still willing to see
forms of good and respectability in my own country; I'm willing to love my
Country more than, say, Iraq (even though I don't think Iraq murders babies
like we do).

Hope that helps.

Michael Metzler