[Vision2020] Southern Fantasy: Banning The Bible

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 09:46:18 PST 2005

John,

 It appears that you do not  understand the difference between "idolizing a human civilization"  verses learning from it. Of course we learn from other human  civilizations. But we should not idolize them, especially when we know  they are flawed, immoral, corrupt, and abusive to certain groups of  people.

  Take Care,

  Donovan J Arnold

John D <johnd550 at yahoo.com> wrote:  Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

  > As a Christian, I was taught not to idolize any human
  > civilization but instead to try and follow Christ. The way to
  > live is the way Christ taught us, not the way the Romans,
  > Egyptians, Greeks, Southerns, Northerners, or Norwegians lived.
  > Christ is the only example that we need, and the only correct
  > one.

  I'm baffled. Are you seriously saying we have nothing to learn from  past civilizations and should instead only consider what one person  allegedly said two thousand years ago? Amazing. Are you familiar with  the Dark Ages?

 Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free._____________________________________________________
 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com