[Vision2020] Buying US Products? John D.

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 15:10:11 PST 2005

John

Take the source at face value.

One of the firms thzt they claim was drawn to the state is Micron.  Funny,
but Micron Technologies is an Idaho original and not a transplant.  The
company was founded there in Boise and got its original backing from the
Eagle Group of five and then went to JR to get the rest of the financing to
build up, so its majority held by purely Idaho interests, even though it is
a public company.

Denny Washington was not lured here.  Denny bought out another Idaho
Original which was going abnkrupt, M&K.  It was not exactly a huge move for
him to headquarter the rest of his Missoula Group, Montana Rail Link,
Washington Construction, Montana Reserve and the rest the 100 miles south to
the Ravalli County Lemhi County Line, as in move from Missoula to Idaho.
Since Morrision Knudsen was bigger than the other elements of his bsuiness,
Denny moved here, which is not a big change of regulatory environment.

Who are the Big Idaho entrepreneurs?  The richest selfmade people in thsi
state are all people who started here.  JR Simplot was not lured here, he
grew up farming in Eagle.  Allan Ball grew up outside of Idaho Falls.  Harry
Magneson, north Idaho original.  Franky Duval, the same.  Ron Yonke?  Joe
Albertson?  Tommy Nickleson?  The Larsens of Clark County?

The only "entrepreneurs" that are transplants that I can think of are right
there in Sun Valley, but I do not know of any of the Hollywood rich that
moved there to have an easy time with Regulations.

The truth is that of the 44 Idaho Counties, Latah County enjoys the
reputation of being the most difficult to permit in.  Some would say that
Blaine has a similar reputation, but the Stars can afford that, can we?  I
do not see Bruce Willis doing renovation work on downtown Moscow. do you?

Washington State does not have the reputation of being easiky regulated, yet
SEL chose to build in Pullman rather than accross the state line here in
Moscow.  Why do you think that is?

And I am not saying this to be hostile, I am suggesting that you look more
fully than a reporter in London for facts about this state and in particular
about this locality.  We are not luring anybody signifiant here.

Phil Nisbet