[Vision2020] Welcoming "foreigners" to Idaho

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 23 10:52:39 PST 2005

Just a quick note in response to Jeff Harkins' concern that, because I
strongly advocate buying American, "foreigners" might not feel welcome
in our town.  Really, Jeff, what a specious remark, and how very beside
the point.  As everyone knows, I love Californians!  How many of the
rest of you can say that?

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: I don't think anyone would mistake me for Pat Buchanan.  I am a
first-generation American on my father's side.  He's a Ukrainian born
in Montreal.  My grandparents grew up speaking Ukrainian and Polish,
learning French and English only when they went to school.  It is NOT
xenophobic to buy American, and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous
(there's that word again, Jeff) as well as insulting and deceitful.
Why not try winning this debate on the merits?