[Vision2020] Flag display was disturbing

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Tue Nov 22 22:02:29 PST 2005

Greetings:

I want to thank the fine musicians of Potatohead for confirming what many
Moscowans have known and some of personally witnessed, to wit: the
Confederate flag at functions of Wilson's religious empire.

In answer to Pat Kraut: of course it is not illegal to display the
Confederate flag.  A UI faculty member I know displays it in his office,
but he does not want the Southern states to leave the Union to form a
Calvinist theocracy in which women would have no vote, nor does he want
students to be taught that the antebellum South was the most harmonious
multiracial society in world history.  That's why all of us, including Pat
Kraut, should find this political and religious extremism offensive.

Can anyone help me confirm the fact that it is Robert E. Lee's birthday,
not Lincoln's or King's, that is celebrated (or was) at Logos School?

Nick Gier

"The god you worship is the god you deserve."
~~ Joseph Campbell