[Vision2020] Economics of Business

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Wed Nov 16 21:53:57 PST 2005

"and tell Wal-Mart they are not welcome in our community."

  And just how do we then say not on our border either?? We won't be able to stop it so we should instead find a way to work with it. How many businesses can we drive away and expect our 'working force' to continue to shop at the places that are not the least expensive? If not here Lewiston is not that far away and neither is Pullman...we could close far more doors if we are not honest about these questions.  I would also like to see some of the work done at the University stay here but we already lost SEL and I don't see any change in attitude since then. We have recently shut down another possible business and I can't imagine one that will meet the 'requirements' of some of the most vocal residents. It is nice for those comfortable people to make sure no one else gets there also.