[Vision2020] Wal-Mart opposition

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:19:01 PST 2005

In comments I've been hearing and in chat room discussions I've read, a
common thread seems to be that opposition to Wal-Mart in Moscow, Pullman, or
around the country is a "liberal" thing.  I had been ambivalent about the
issue (and I'm a certified, proud as punch to be a liberal as can be kind of
liberal) until I had a discussion about the corporation and it's tactics
last summer with my equally certified, proud as punch to be a Republican
conservative, Bush backing Boise lawyer brother.  (I've considered disowning
him as a brother, but I may need his legal services someday.)  My
unhappiness with Wal-Mart was born of that discussion.  He has no use for
the company and it's tactics, and he convinced me.  He is a good lawyer.  I
think it fair to say that it's not just us liberals, or as some would have
it, Leftists, who have major problems with Wal-Mart.

                         Carl Westberg Jr.