[Vision2020] Maybe not an intolerista, but slightly confused.

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:46:01 PST 2005

What about the first part of the previous email?  Did you overlook it?  If
so here it is again.

Lets investigate this quote in further detail for Donovan.

"Just because a law is broken in the past, it does not  justify the
continuation of the violation in the present and future."

PART I

"Just because a law is broken in the past . . ."
PAST: http://zonemoscow.com/past/past.html

PART II

". . . it does not justify the continuation of the violation in the present
and future."
PRESENT: http://zonemoscow.com/code/code.html &
http://zonemoscow.com/city/complaint.html
FUTURE: FOR SALE One Building formerly housed a Small Private Liberal Art's
College in the wrong zone.

"I happen to believe that NSA is not in violation of the law. That is my
opinion. I am not the only one that believes that."

Don't forget that there are a number of people who feel as though NSA is in
violation of the zoning code.  Does this group of people's opinions have
much weight upon the city council, zoning board, and ultimately the courts,
probably not.  The same can be applied to your opionion, it is simply that,
an opinion.  Is it wrong, probably not because you beleive so.  Is my
opinion wrong, again, probably not because I beleive so.

"Well, you are obviously unaware that there are
numerous other complaints of Moscow zoning codes now,
including the alternative high school, and the
University of Idaho."

This was your response to my question about BUISINESSES DOWNTOWN in
violation of a zaoning code.  Neither the alternative highschool nor the UI
is a BUSINESS and are not located DOWNTOWN.  Again I will copy my question
to you concerning BUSINESSES DOWNTOWN and add a little to it.

I guess I don't follow this argument because I don't perceive any other
business downtown that is in violation of said zoning complaint.  What
Donovan, is the problem with any other BUSINESSES DOWNTOWN Moscow, ID 83843
concerning zoning?

"No, they are not generally unjust to certain people.
That is why we make laws, so things are just for
everybody. If it is not, it is a bad law and needs to
be changed. Smokers are infringing on the clean air of
others. They need to smoke in a place that respects
the  rights of others and nobody is forced to inhale
their toxins."

What happened to the rights of smokers?  Don't smokers have rights too?  I
am not in anyway defending smokers with this statement, however I see a
problem with Donovans argument about laws that are unjust.  Inspected
closely, nearly every law on the books could be considered unjust in some
way, shape, or form.

"They only filed complains against NSA, they did not
file zoning violations against anyone else."

Donovan, if you feel as though there is a problem with a law, it is your
duty as a citizen of this city, county, state, and country to inform the
proper authorities of your perceived violation of said law.  This is what
Mr. Curley has done and this is what numerous others have done, myself
included.  If you see a person that you feel is driving drunk, aren't you
obligated to call the cops on that person?  What about the person breaking
into homes recently?  If this person was your mother's brother's best
friend' childs nephew and you knew this was taking place, you have an
obligation to report this behavior as a citizen of a community.  Mr. Curley
and his clients felt as though there was a violation of zoning code and
therefore filed complaints based upon interpretation.

I hope you are able to answer the original question without skating around
like a crappy political moron.

Tim
Revolution is not a word but an application; it is not war but peace; it
does not weaken, but strengthens. Revolution does not cause separation; it
generates togetherness.
-John Africa, Strategic Revolution