[Vision2020] Term of Office

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 15:19:28 PST 2005

Jeff,

Ament was not elected to a term, which is four years,
he was elected to fill a vacancy, he should fill it.

State law says the appointee can only fill the vacancy
UNTIL the next election. The next election has passed
and we know who is suppose to fill the vacancy. The
city government, and local people do not have the
authority or legal right to override the state law.

If an important vote passes, such as the Third Street
bridge, those that oppose the law can take it to court
on account that the city did not legally authorize it.

This not a local issue, it is a state issue.

Take Care,

-DJA