[Vision2020] City council elections-immediate appt. of Mr. Ament

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 07:48:36 PST 2005

This particular debate reminds me quite heavily of the similar 'law' reading
that came up trying to see me criminalized for simply being a geologist.

People, there is one heck of a lot of 'law' out there and before somebody
takes a single statute and runs willy nilly with it, may I suggest that
seeing a real live lawyer might just be a wiser move?  Not only do you have
other statutes which may be involved, but there is bound to be election
related legal presidence.  Have any of you taken this into even so much as a
FindLaw internet search?

I recall iin my own case that certain parties took a single statute out of
context, forgeting about exceptions and exemptions and ended up wasting a
fair amount of the taxpayers funds chasing down a non-case.  That ended up
costing me thousands, the state thousands and the county thousands of
dollars for something that could have been disposed of pretty quickly with
just a little legal work if the feeding frenzy had not been so strident.

Is putting Aaron in office five weeks early important enough to spend lots
of public money on?  If so, please take the time before it becomes a costly
uproar to get a lawyer to take a more careful look at all the related
statutes and case law on the subject.

Phil Nisbet