[Vision2020] City council elections-immediate appt. of Mr. Ament

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 13 23:53:11 PST 2005

On 13 Nov 2005, at 16:02, Dan Carscallen wrote:

> "Balance of original term" means two years.  Why have multiple
> "swear-ins"? Get it all done in January, just like it always has been
> in
> the past.
>
> I'm pretty sure Aaron can wait 'til January.  Just like Nancy Chaney
> did
> back in the 03 election.
>
> DC

I'm afraid this isn't an issue of "Aaron can wait," Dan; it's a matter
of state law.  If Idaho Code states (and it does) that Jon Kimberling
serves as the mayor's appointed replacement for Jack Hill *only* until
the next election, then that's that.  We all thank Jon for his service,
and Aaron takes his seat immediately.  No waiting until January.  State
law trumps municipal code.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com