[Vision2020] 11-12-05 LA Times: Wal-Mart, Its Foes Turn to Religion

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:25:17 PST 2005

On 11/13/05, Pat Kraut <pkraut at moscow.com> wrote:
> Did you see the 2020 report with John Stossel about Wal-Mart? I like Stossel
> because he seems to find the middle ground that is the real truth. Not the
> excitable far left or right.

I don't find that the middle ground is any more likely to be the "real
truth" (whatever that means) than is the far left or right.  I suggest
that the middle ground frequently wins because opponents on any
position like to win, and by accepting the middle ground both sides
can disingenuously claim their namby-pamby victory.

On the other hand, sometimes a compromise solution is better than no solution.