[Vision2020] City council elections-immediate appt. of Mr. Ament

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 20:00:53 PST 2005

Seems pretty clear to me that the term starts as soon as the votes are certified. I do not think it is easy to argue that language implies until the next swearing in, it says, next election.

-DJA

DonaldH675 at aol.com wrote:
To All:
I have read with interest the discussion of whether or not Mr. Ament should be seated immediately to the city council. Here is what the State of Idaho Code says about municipal council vacancies. You can make up your own minds what it means.

Idaho Code 50-704 VACANCIES -- APPOINTMENT.
A vacancy on the council shall be filled by appointment made by the mayor with the consent of the council, which appointee shall serve only until the next general city election, at which such vacancy shall be filled for the balance of the original term.

 Donald Huskey
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com