[Vision2020] get ready for Walmart

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Fri Nov 11 16:11:01 PST 2005

In fact, it was Linda and Nancy who recognized the likely tie-breaking vote of Mayor Comstock and switched sides on the moratorium vote, voting not to have a moratorium but instead to have an emergency Big Box ordinance, that at least put us in the position that we have SOME control as an option.  Of course, it would be better not to annex land expected to be developed into Big Box commercial developments without having it controlled by a comprehensive, intensely commercial, big box ordinance in the first place, but that is a lesson for the future.

Bruce Livingston