[Vision2020] Terry Morin, Posting Limits, Politics

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Fri Nov 11 09:32:29 PST 2005

Guys & Gals with a Vision,

I was just informed that there is post per day limit.   I had some unusual
free time on my hands this last week, so it couldn't have continued, but I'm
sorry if I've posted too much this last week.  If someone could clarify
posting procedure rules, I'd appreciate it.

But now that I've posted just yet again, I'll take the opportunity to
respond to Terry Morin.

Terry,

Thanks again for the primary documentation behind your claims. With such
wildly divergent views among us, and sometimes with emotions running high, I
think this is a very helpful thing to do.  Your documentation here is
interesting.  However, there is an important distinction that seems to be
missing from your analysis-and the analysis of just about everyone
commenting to this issue of late (but for Donovan).  It seems to me (in my
own humble private citizen opinion) there is a difference between a pastor
explicitly taking on a political role as a pastor (and church taking on a
political role as a church), and an individual within the church taking a
political stance as an individual.  Most the documentation Tom presents, for
example, could easily be interpreted as individuals acting as political
individuals, just as someone with a kitten for sale acts like a
kitten-selling individual, regardless of whether they used a church email
forum to sell the kitten.  A distinction at least something like this seems
to me to be crucial.  But as I've already noted, I do agree that Dale's
recent email seems a bit different in nature from the other documents I've
seen.

With that said, I'm going to try to bow out of talking directly to Christ
Church and Doug Wilson's issues, since an elder has pleaded with me to keep
my posts limited to my own personal issues (although I'm still trying to
figure out what those would precisely be).  As I have repeatedly stated, of
course, is that I wanted to talk about Jesus and Wayne's induction and not
local politics.  So as for local politics, no love lost between us.  Let's
see if I can go back to my incoherent and dishonest posing as an
intellectually curious spiritual seeker : -)

When I posted my first comments to Eugenie Scott's lecture, I was planning
to run away from the Venom and never come back.  I enjoyed quickly getting
sucked in and I think we've had some great discussion and debate.

Thanks!

Michael Metzler