[Vision2020] Poll (was Nature of the CCC God [Q2] Arguments I)

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 10 15:46:27 PST 2005

Chas wrote:
"I, myself, hate HTML formatting in e-mail.  I don't want enlarged fonts,
images, color, or anything but plain text.  Am I a curmudgeon, or do others
agree with me?"

Well, I don't hate HTML, I just won't use it due to security concerns  :-)
I don't mind "reading" messages in HTML format from people I know, but I
won't take the risks for just anyone  ;-)

Also, I've been around long enough to clearly remember the complaints from
people using dial-up -- HTML messages are larger & therefore take longer to
receive, which I suppose was more of a hardship back when most folks paid
for their online time based on use rather than on unlimited connection time.
I still hear folks complaining about the time it takes to download HTML
messages, though.

But, I'll take the opportunity to piggy-back on your poll  :-)  After a
series of unscientific studies, I've determined that after posting to V2020,
I get absolutely inundated with virus attempts, and I'm wondering if anyone
else experiences this?

The good news (for me, anyway) is that my computer is very secure, so the
attempts fail  :-)  However, it is annoying, and it could be a major problem
for those who don't practice safe computing.  If others have experienced
this, I wonder if that might contribute to the lack of participation on
V2020 by more community members.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****