[Vision2020] Steve Smylie, Superintendent Candidate, to visit Moscow

Barrett Schroeder Barrett at hideandfur.com
Thu Nov 10 12:46:18 PST 2005

If you're ready to think about another election,
Steve Smylie will be in town this Saturday. He is a
Republican candidate for Superintendent of Public
Instruction.

There will be a breakfast meeting Sat, Nov 12th at
9:00 am at the Sandpiper Grill (the new name for
the Mark IV restaurant, which won a Human Rights
award 2 years ago).   Please purchase breakfast off
the menu.  I believe they add 17% gratuity for the use
of the meeting room, but this is not a fundraiser.

Rep. Smylie was born here in Moscow, he is a public
school teacher and legislator in Boise, in addition to
running a roofing business in the summer.  He has a
web site, which is currently geared towards his legislative
constituents, but has a lot of good information:

	http://www.ssmylie.com/

(His site doesn't mention this, but people will inevitably
ask me:  you likely recognize the name Smylie because
Steve's father was a three-term Idaho Governor who
passed away last year.)

As you've probably heard, Marilyn Howard will not
be running for reelection, so this is an open seat.

Tom Luna is another Republican candidate, who
has been working with the Bush Administration for
several years.  He has a web site at:

	http://www.tomluna4idaho.com/

Jana Jones is Marilyn's chief deputy and a Democrat
candidate. I wasn't able to find a web site for her.

Bert Marley (Democrat State Senator from McCammon)
and Steve Casey (Republican, Principal at Coeur d'Alene
High School) are also possible candidates who as far as
I know right now, have not made official announcements.

Here is a link to a Ridenbaugh Press article on the race:

http://www.ridenbaugh.com/index.php/2005/10/31/first-lessons/

I think many of you would enjoy meeting and talking with Rep.
Smylie.  If people are interested in this sort of thing, I can
share other local appearances by Republican candidates
(there are 6 for Congress so far).

Barrett