[Vision2020] Politics?

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Thu Nov 10 11:10:21 PST 2005

Wilson Wrote On His Blog:

In other words, we should be involved in the life of the community,
including voting, for the same reason that we rake the leaves in our yard.
It is the responsible thing to do. But we are to do it with full awareness
that the state is not god, and we, the whispering voices of demos in the
state's ear, are not god either. When I consider the religious fervor of
those whose closest brush with the numinous is to put up lots of yard signs,
I am reminded that only Jesus Christ is Lord.

The election is tomorrow. And on Wednesday, the day after the election,
Jesus will still be Lord. It turns out that His name is not ever going to be
on the ballot.

Me:

And this is about as political as it gets around here for the most part.
Can't say I'm inclined to run for Mayor after this soap box speech.

Michael Metzler