[Vision2020] Area Man Says "I'll Be Back"

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 9 16:18:06 PST 2005

On 9 Nov 2005, at 10:05, Joseph Campbell wrote:

> Maybe we should schedule a debate, Dan, and start discussing the
> issues.
> Yankees or Red Sox? Angelina or Jennifer? Boxers or briefs?
>
> One thing about this past election is that there were too many good
> candidates, some of whom did not get elected! You fall in that
> category, as
> do Craine and Holmes.
>
> All the best, Joe

I agree with the second paragraph wholeheartedly.  I am sad that Kit
and Dan were not elected.  I like them both immensely, and I believe
that they would have brought not only the balance and wisdom of
long-time local experience to the council, but also a genuine love for
the City of Moscow.  And it was all so damned close!  I ate all of my
fingernails last night, and let me tell you, it hasn't done my
gallbladder any good.  Kit, Dan, I hope that you will both run again.
You're fine, bright, decent people and Moscow needs you.

In fact, newly-elected Mayor Chaney, there are two vacancies open on
the Board of Adjustment.  How about appointing Kit and Dan, the next to
top vote getters?  (The duties and job description are available on the
City website.)

On to the 2007 issues: Yankees or Red Sox?  Mariners, Joe, Mariners!
Angelina or Jennifer?  Susan Sarandon or, in a pinch, Helen Mirren.
Give me the beauty of age and experience over hairdo's and collagen
lips any day.  And, finally, the great compromise position: boxer
briefs.  They are oh, so comfy!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com