[Vision2020] hmmm? gossip? for Dale Courtney

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Nov 8 16:41:01 PST 2005

Dale and correspondent Dave,

Can't seem to get an email to you today, so I'll put it out here.

I'm intrigued -- what "confidence" did I violate in asking about a flier
that may or may not exist and that may or may not have been designed to
encourage (or berate) NSA students?  I never passed judgment on this, as
there is no particular behavior to comment on.  In suggesting that NSA
students might have received a flier from someone urging them to do
something, did I suggest a conspiracy?  Sabotage?  Brainwashing?  Ill will?
Consumption of lite beer?  Misuse of forest products?

Nope.

I'm curious as to how asking this is similar to, say, asking if anyone saw
Pastor Bubba and Jo Ellen Hotpants coming out of the liquor store together
last night?  I take gossip seriously and yet can't see that I'm guilty of it
here.  I wonder if perhaps I'm just guilty of speaking contrary to you.  You
don't seem to like that.

I appreciate the reference to the Proverbs, but you're bringing to mind
another citation from Shakespeare:  "Methinks thou dost protesteth too
much."

keely