[Vision2020] pork

Chris Storhok cstorhok at co.fairbanks.ak.us
Tue Nov 8 15:37:38 PST 2005

Roger,
I agree about selling some of the federal land.  Just around the Fairbanks
area is plenty of BLM land that is not beautiful wilderness, will never be
mined, and frankly belongs in the free marketplace.  On the other hand,
there are certainly parcels of land around Denali National Park that should
be in the hands of the feds...
With federal spending, I really do not see an end to massive spending
anytime soon, neither party can, nor is willing, to cut the power and scope
of the federal government.  The $34 billion spent on transportation in 2005
is just a fly speck compared to defense, entitlements, and the national
debt.
Chris