[Vision2020] kirk email

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 8 10:33:57 PST 2005

On 7 Nov 2005, at 18:46, Tom Hansen wrote:

> Arnold stated:
>
> "It is OK for Joan Opyr and Tom Hansen to urge people to vote for
> Nancy, but
> it inflammatory to tell people to vote for Peg?"

Sigh.  I have Donovan bozo'd, but I'm compelled to read him in reading
Tom's and others' response to him.  Hell's bells.

Donovan,

In my endorsement of Nancy Chaney, you will find that I listed reasons
to vote FOR Nancy; I said nothing about why people should vote AGAINST
Peg.  What Rose and Tom and I have done in endorsing our candidates is
to give positive reasons for supporting those candidates; what Dale has
done -- via flat-out lying -- is given the paranoid dubious reasons for
voting against particular candidates.  Are you really so thick that you
cannot see the difference?

Or are you so blind (and, as a gay man, so bent on self-immolation)
that you will cozy up to the gay-baiting Pastor Wilson at any price?
In short, what in the world is the matter with you?  I really am at a
loss to know.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: I am ready for you to accuse me of "outing" you.  I don't think I
have; you've told too many of us that you have suffered untold misery
as a fat, gay man in small, close-minded community.  (Not how I would
describe Moscow, but to each his own.)  I have made my point: you
cannot have it both ways, Donovan.  You cannot whine about anti-gay
discrimination to one audience while cozying up to Moscow's most
prominent anti-gay minister.  This can of worms must be opened, and if
I have stepped off the moral high ground and onto the dubious Island of
Michelangelo Signorile in order to do it, then I'm prepared to accept
the consequences.  Time and again, Donovan, you played Roy Cohn; you
have acted viciously toward/against the gay community while keeping
your own nose perilously (and falsely) clean.  I will not stand for
your abusive hypocrisy any longer.  You are a menace to this community,
or, rather, you were.  You may consider yourself -- or, at least, this
particular issue -- neutered.