[Vision2020] VOTE!votevotevote

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Nov 8 04:41:59 PST 2005

Now that Election Day is finally here, it seems appropriate to simply urge
all of you, and all of yours, and all of theirs as well, to get out to the
fairgrounds and VOTE!

I don't mean "vote for MY candidates" or "vote because the other guy's
Satan," either.  I mean -- vote because you should, because you can, because
so many others can't.

I vote because when my grandmother was born in 1908, women were not allowed
to.  My great-grandmother, Hattie, was a physician, a preacher, and a
suffragette; I would want her to know I didn't take education, faith, or
civic responsibility lightly.  I believe I've missed only one election in my
adult life, during a particularly shallow and selfish time, and I plan never
to again.

To all of the candidates:  Thank you for caring enough to put yourselves out
there and take the hits that you've taken, and may you be blessed for your
efforts to serve your neighbors in Moscow.

keely emerine mix