[Vision2020] Don Meyer's Community Service

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 22:49:08 PST 2005

A lot of people on this board have spoken of the community service of
various candidate for office in this 2005 election.  I would like you all to
consider those who have done a lot that is not as public to view and
particularly the service that Don Meyer has done here in Moscow.

Don is one of the guys who have promoted and assisted in the VFW scholarship
program that benefits Moscow area school kids.  He has been a coordinator
for our annual 4th of July Parade and he worked for five long years on
seeing that Idaho at last had a Veterans cemetary.  He has served vets
accross the complete state of Idaho in his role as Judge Advocate for the
Idaho VFW and he is active in a lot of other local activity.

There are a lot of folks on the Moscow City Council with ties to life here
in the city, but Don is the son and grandson of farmers, from a family that
has farmed here on the Palouse for 100 years.  Its pretty easy for us to
forget that this town is not just a University city, its also a town
surrounded by farms, grain silos and lentil silos right here in the Heart of
the Arts and we need somebody on the city council to be there to promote
keeping our towns rural character alive and well.

Many people say that they want Moscow to remain the small and lovely town
that we have today, but we can only get there if the agricultural community
surrounding us remains viable.

So please take the timne to consider Don Meyer as one of your picks for the
four year seats to the City Council.

Phil Nisbet