[Vision2020] Qualities I'd like to see in our elected officials

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Sun Nov 6 19:30:29 PST 2005

Visionaries:

We have all been thinking about the candidates that will best serve our
community in the next few years.  If I could vote, I would apply the same
standards locally that I use in county, state and national elections.   Those
standards are: intelligence, independence, plain and truthful  speaking, willingness
to listen and learn, and compassion.  I urge those of  you who can vote to
consider what leadership qualities are important to you and  which candidates
best reflect them.  It is my sincere hope that Wednesday  morning, I will read on
2020 that the following candidates have been  elected:

I hope that Nancy Chaney is our new mayor, and that Kit Craine, Aaron  Ament,
Bob Stout, and Dan Carscallen are the new members of the city  council.  I
would especially like to emphasize that Kit and Aaron have  worked tirelessly
attending countless city meetings, researching the issues, and  arriving at
their positions away from the secret meetings of the good old boy  (and girl)
network and political party apparatus.  They are without  guile, seek no special
favor, will never pander to secure votes, and speak  truthfully from the heart.

Dan Carscallen is a smart, likable, honest young man who has  shown not only
a fine mind but a willingness to reach out to all members of the  community.
It doesn't hurt that he has a killer sense of  humor!!!!

I hope that my friend, Randy Blanton, will continue his interest in  politics
- with or without inspiration from Ellen DeGeneres.  He is an
extraordinarily bright man with grace, compassion, and decency firmly embedded  in his
character.  With a little seasoning, and a little bit of  cowboying up, he could
prove to be the finest elected official that Moscow  ever had!

Rose  Huskey

"First they  ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win." Mahatma  Gandhi