[Vision2020] Beauty-Antibeauty Oscillation

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sat Nov 5 22:33:20 PST 2005

http://www.europhysicsnews.com/full/27/article4/article4.html

Fig 2 Examples of loop diagrams
(a) The lowest order diagram contributing to g-2.
(b) The hadronic contribution to g-2.
(c) SUSY particles in the loops as a possible contribution to g-2.
(d) Penguin diagrams (SM and SUSY) contributing to one B decay mode. The
ressemblance to a penguin is a matter of taste.
(e) The loop diagrams responsible for beauty-antibeauty oscillation.
--------------------------------

All:

Perhaps this beauty-antibeauty oscillation will reveal why I cannot live in
beauty all the time?  The problem, though, is that this idea is so far over my
head, I start to feel very ugly realizing my limitations.  Not so good for
promoting beauty!

Well, I'm just so funny, right?  NOT!

I like that a scientist would use the word "beauty" in describing such
abstract complex concepts, even if I don't have a clue what they are talking about.

But what's up with the "Penguin" thing?

I'm now disappearing for a while...

Good luck all!

Ted Moffett