[Vision2020] 13 year old schoolgirl facing death by stoning flogged 55 times

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:51:43 PST 2005

Pleas look at the picture in the link to see the back of a 13 year old kid
beaten for the crime of being raped at 11 years of age.
http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=634

13 year old schoolgirl facing death by stoning flogged 55 times    Sat. 30
Oct 2004

Iran Focus

Tehran, Oct. 30 - Zhila Izadyar, the 13-year-old schoolgirl from the Iranian
town of Marivan (north-western Iran) who is sentenced to be stoned to death
is reported to be in poor health after she was lashed 55 times in prison.

Azad Zamani of the Society for the Protection of Children’s Rights has said
that Zhila’s health has been rapidly deteriorating.

Zamani has managed to visit Zhila although under close supervision of the
Iranian regime’s agents. Zamani stated that Zhila said, “I am scared; I want
to go home; I want to be able to go back to school like other kids”.

Zhila was convicted of having an incestuous relationship with her
15-year-old brother and giving birth to an illegitimate child.

Zhila is reported to have been in a very bad state while she has had to
spend time in solitary confinement under close guard. Zamani had reported
that Zhila now has a very bad eating pattern and she constantly vomits.

Another source, who wished not to be named, said that Zhila has been beaten
by guards while she in jail and has not been allowed to see her newborn
child.

Reports have also come out that Zhila’s brother Bakhtiar has also been
flogged in prison. Zhila faces death by stoning while Bakhtiar faces 150
lashes as well as prison time, according to the clerical judge who issued
their verdict.