[Vision2020] Moscow City Council and Ultra-Liberals Ignore Equality for Gays and Lesbians

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 11:21:20 PDT 2005

Moscow City Council and Ultra-Liberals Ignore Equality
for Gays and Lesbians

Despite recent and past statements made by members of
the Moscow City Council and Ultra-Liberals in our
community regarding gays and lesbians in our community
deserving equal rights, they still have not even
attempted to deliver.

So far since January of 2004, no city council members
or members of the community have brought forth,
debated, or even drafted any legislation requiring
area businesses and the city give equal protection,
rights and privileges to employees and residents
regardless of the sexual orientation.

Linda Pall stated that she would bring this issue up,
and both John Dickinson and Nancy Chaney stated they
would support this legislation. Yet no action has been
taken.

Meanwhile, the area’s ultra-liberals have built a
massive organization for the purposes of attacking
Christ Church for conservative positions on things
such as homosexuality. Yet they have completely
ignored and refused to organize for the purposes of
ending discrimination in our community.

I challenge the Moscow City Council and Ultra-liberals
members of our community to hold true to their words
by drafting, debating, and bring to a vote,
legislation to eliminate second class citizenship of
gays and lesbians in our community before November 1,
2005.

Donovan J Arnold