[Vision2020] Still Creeped Out

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Thu May 26 12:20:51 PDT 2005

Julie and Visionaries:

I noticed yesterday that you had been "awarded" space on Dale's blog.   I was
reasonably sure he hadn't notified you privately about it.  Let me  share
similar experiences.

On April 28, 2005, Dale posted (without permission from the owner of  the
photograph) a picture of Saundra Lund and me at a private gathering which
furnished Dale and his blogging companions ample opportunities to refer to me as  a
sow, Saundra and I both as "piggies," and just to generally note that we were,
 in the eyes of those beholders, two very ugly women.  BTW, the  original
photograph was in the so-called public domain for less than 2 hours  before it
was taken down by the photographer.  Dale had to have copied  and saved that
picture for more than eight months, waiting for the  "right-mind" moment to share
it.  How weird is that?  Can you say  Norman Bates?

Recently. Dale posted a photograph of Nick Gier (almost certainly without
permission) attending a Hindu celebration.  The text of that blog  accompanying
the photo of Nick contained an article about the murder of a young  women in
an Islamic community.  Dale added his own remarks at the bottom of  the
article:

"Dedicated to Nick Gier, who cannot tell the difference between the Taliban
and Evangelical Christians.  Don't forget his PhD stands for Piled Higher  and
Deeper."

On May 16, 2005, Dale posted an un-attributed but breathtakingly  beautiful
photograph of the Aurora borealis over what appears to be the  Palouse.  The p
icture bears an uncanny resemblance to Japer Nance's work,  which is, of
course, copyrighted.

The point is this: Dale reflects an attitude that is endemic among his
fellow kirkers: what's mine in mine and I'm going to keep it, and what's yours  is
mine and I want that, too.  He helps himself -- without so much as a by  your
leave -- to whatever he wants.  Your words, your photographs,  and your
property tax dollars.

It may be the case that a notice on your emails that the material is
copyrighted would prevent Dale from reproducing it.  Then again, maybe  not.  He
lives in a smug, self-righteous little world which extends  automatic privilege
and entitlement to puffed-up men who call  themselves "Saints" and who dismiss
the rights of the rest of us.

Rose Huskey

This material copyrighted by the author, Rosemary Huskey,  2005.  It may not
be copied or reproduced without the express written  permission of the author.
 This means you, Dale!

"One cannot  level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many  of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something  and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan