[Vision2020] Re: UI Can Stay Put

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 19:04:57 PDT 2005

Sunil,

That was my understanding as well. J Ford is correct
about the University itself being a federal land
grant. But that is not what the complaint is about. It
has many locations outside the University Zoning
District which it is not allowed to have. It also has
things inside the district that it should not have, as
defined by law, and not mentioned or allowed in the
land grant.

UI is also not defined in the U Zone as well according
to Joel Plaskon, but like you said, that is not the
complaint.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

--- Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll admit that I haven't
read the complaint against the U of I.  That said,
it's my impression that the complaint is against the U
of I for having offices or facilities of some kind
downtown, not the main campus location.  Perhaps the
complainants or their acquaintances could shed some
light on this.

Sunil

>From: "J Ford" <privatejf32 at hotmail.com>
>To: vision2020 at moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] Re: UI Can Stay Put
>Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:59:00 -0700
>
>Ok, I know there are people out there who refuse to
do some leg work
>and look things up for themselves but are very fond
of spouting out
>things that, to the non-discriminating mind, could
sound somewhat
>truthful, such as the e-mail below...however, I am
not one of them.

>I went to the UI web page, typed in Fact Book and
voila! got

>http://www.uidaho.edu/uifacts/about/history.html,
>
>which gives a very good history of why the UI is
where it is, by
>what authority (sorry, it aint yours) they can be
where they are,
>etc.
>
>Last I heard, if it belongs to the Feds, they sorta
got the right
>(with in reason and legal ability) to do with it as
they please and
>if that includes giving it back to the people of the
state to be
>used for university research work and educational
purposes, so be it
>and I don't think they need anyone's late approval to
do so.
>Especially considering Moscow (at that time, and I am
sure, now)
>agreed to allow the UI to be built, and to continue
to be left,