[Vision2020] ............................................WILSON RATIONALIZES SIN? You Decide.

Chris Maland cmaland1970 at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 16:00:43 PDT 2005

Caught going against his own conscience (or lying to the Latah
Commissioners) Doug Wilson rationalizes his ethical schizophrenia by
declaring, among others, the following groups and/or institutions as his
enemies (see: http//www.dougwils.com):

1. The University of Idaho
2. The Moscow Food Co-op
3. The Moscow School District

Within the last month (on Wednesday, April 25, 2005, at 1:30 in the
afternoon) Wilson, met with the Board of Latah County Commissioner (BOCC) to
discuss the alleged selective enforcement of property tax laws.

An abridged version of the relevant portion of the discussion between Wilson
and the BOCC is transcripted below:

Doug: …Our adversaries have been overt about what they want to do. They want
to run us out of town. And they are using every device that they can get
their hands on to do that. And so, whatever you do, I would implore you to
do it consistently and across the board. That means, if—

Commissioner #1: I’m sure that’s our goal.

Commissioner #2: …I struggled very hard to follow the law, and what was
right and equal. And so, I certainly am not going to change my position as
far as equality and religious freedom and all those things that we all have
access to.

Doug: I appreciate that, but we’re a year later and there are two entities
that have had the tax-exempt removed and those are our two. And the next two
that are on the docket are two more that I sit on the board of. And there is
no action that has been taken concerning any other tax-exmept entity in
Moscow. AND I’M NOT GOING TO FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST ALL THE ENTITIES
BECAUSE WHAT’S BEEN TO US, I BELIEVE IS UNJUST. SO, I’M CERTAINLY NOT GOING
TO ILLUSTRATE THE INJUSTICE OF IT BY FILING A SIMILAR COMPLAINT AGAINST THE
PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH ACROSS THE STREET. I’M NOT GOING TO DO THAT…

Commissioner #1: Well, I appreciate that. And I know, if somebody protested
any other tax-exempt organization, I would treat it the same as I have this
here, except that, unfortunately right now, you’re the only one that has
been protested.

Doug: That’s exactly the point. AND WE’RE NOT GOING TO FILE COMPLAINTS
AGAINST THESE OTHERS BECAUSE IT WOULD BE WRONG TO DO SO. I would just like
you to be aware of what’s going on in the bigger picture. There’s a reason
why we’re the only entities coming before you. There is a reason for that.
And it’s a publicly documented reason. So…

Commissioner #1: Ok.

Doug: Thank you, Gentlemen.