[Vision2020] Re: UI Can Stay Put

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 11:59:00 PDT 2005

Ok, I know there are people out there who refuse to do some leg work and
look things up for themselves but are very fond of spouting out things that,
to the non-discriminating mind, could sound somewhat truthful, such as the
e-mail below...however, I am not one of them.

I went to the UI web page, typed in Fact Book and voila! got

http://www.uidaho.edu/uifacts/about/history.html,

which gives a very good history of why the UI is where it is, by what
authority (sorry, it aint yours) they can be where they are, etc.

Last I heard, if it belongs to the Feds, they sorta got the right (with in
reason and legal ability) to do with it as they please and if that includes
giving it back to the people of the state to be used for university research
work and educational purposes, so be it and I don't think they need anyone's
late approval to do so.  Especially considering Moscow (at that time, and I
am sure, now) agreed to allow the UI to be built, and to continue to be
left, where it is.