[Vision2020] Earth's air is cleaner, but this may worsen the greenhouse effect.

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Mon May 23 07:36:29 PDT 2005

Clear skies end global dimming

Earth's air is cleaner, but this may worsen the greenhouse effect.

Our planet's air has cleared up in the past decade or two, allowing more
sunshine to reach the ground, say two studies in Science this week.

Reductions in industrial emissions in many countries, along with the use
of particulate filters for car exhausts and smoke stacks, seem to have
reduced the amount of dirt in the atmosphere and made the sky more
transparent.

Balance of the article here:
http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050502/full/050502-8.html

I'm confused . . . So now my weed eater is good for the atmosphere?

DC