[Vision2020] celebrate in the park

Bill London london at moscow.com
Fri May 20 16:55:46 PDT 2005

Moscow Civic Association: Celebrating Diversity at the Park

 At the second annual MCA Celebration in the Park, please join the Moscow Civic Association in East City Park on Wednesday, June 22, beginning at 5pm.
 The theme of this year's celebration is: "Diverse Groups Build a Diverse Community."  We would like to encourage the community to participate in this free event.
 One way to participate is to enter our "Arts in the Parks" Art Contest and Showcase.  It is open to all ages, individuals, and groups.  There are two categories, visual arts and performances, that will be judged separately. Submissions in either category should focus on the theme, "Diverse Groups Build a Diverse Community."
 The visual arts category includes but is not limited to: photography, drawings, paintings, sculpture, mixed media, collage, fabric art, and cartoons.
 The performance category includes but is not limited to: music (vocal and/or instrumental), skits, dance, and poetry or prose of any style.  Musical entries need not perform original pieces.
 The theme, "Diverse Groups Build a Diverse Community," may be loosely interpreted, but should focus on the way community and community diversity is built by the interactions of diverse groups.  Entries may be humorous, zany, serious, sentimental, dramatic, fact or fiction, or anything else.
 The Moscow Civic Association will award cash prizes of $50, $30, and $20 for first, second, and third place winners in both categories.
 We are requesting that people who want to participate in the contest contact us so that we can plan enough time for all the performers. We are also encouraging community organizations to participate by setting up information tables in the park during our event.
 We also will be encouraging everyone to bring their own picnic dinner to the park.  And to lessen trash problems at the park, please "pack it in and pack it out."
 We have established the following email address to enter the competition: moscowcivic at adelphia.net  More information is available on the MCA website at www.moscowcivic.org