[Vision2020] Wilsons attack Moscow Food Co-op

Melynda Huskey melyndahuskey at earthlink.net
Fri May 20 09:58:14 PDT 2005

Pat writes:

"I don't think too many ministers in Moscow would perform a 'same sex' union."

Well, I know that the past two ministers of the Unitarian-Universalist Fellowhip have, as I have been at a guest at some of those weddings.  And I know that the Quakers (my own denomination) will, too, although as a denomination we do not have clergy.  I have attended same-sex unions celebrated by Episcopal clergy, by Baptist clergy, and by Methodist clergy (not all in Moscow).  And if we hop state lines, my own marriage was celebrated in Community Congregational United Church of Christ in Pullman, where the Rev. Kristine Zacharison preached the most beautiful and moving wedding sermon it has ever been my privilege to hear.

And guess what?  With the exception of the Unitarian-Universalists, those are all Christian churches--even without the Pat Kraut seal of approval.

Christians who like to count such things would notice that the Bible--both Old Testament and New Testament--has infinitely more to say about the evils of wealth and possessions than it does about any matter of human sexuality.   No doubt you'll be getting around to that later, eh, Pat?

Melynda Huskey