[Vision2020] Wilsons attack Moscow Food Co-op

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 17:23:52 PDT 2005

Ms. Huskey wrote,

"one of the first ordinances in our fair city was one
which prohibited any person of Chinese descent from
living within 5 miles of the city center. In fact,
there's a perfect example of a really wicked zoning
law,. . ."

And that is why others in Moscow are attempting to
replicate it with a different group of hated people.
Old traditions die hard.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

--- Melynda Huskey <melyndahuskey at earthlink.net>
wrote:
> Kai writes:
>
> "How do think SF got a "China Town"?"
>
> Maybe the same way we here in Moscow got a Chinese
> enclave back in the 1880s--by enacting a city
> ordinance limiting the places that Chinese people
> could live?  That's right--one of the first
> ordinances in our fair city was one which prohibited
> any person of Chinese descent from living within 5
> miles of the city center.
>
> In fact, there's a perfect example of a really
> wicked zoning law, one which was rightly overturned.
>  That's why we have housing non-discrimination
> laws--we continue, alas, to need them.
>
> What I'm missing, though, is the connection to NSA.
> And I also have to say that any number of us who are
> Christians (I'm a Quaker, myself, but I know
> Methodists, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Catholics,
> Lutherans, Evangelicals, and United Church folks who
> agree) are insulted by your implication that anyone
> who believes that NSA should be amenable to the
> zoning laws hates Christians or Christianity.
> That's just not true.
>
> Melynda Huskey

>  List services made available by First Step
> Internet,