[Vision2020] RE: Tax Base?

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Thu May 19 15:48:41 PDT 2005

And are those families living on 40 acres, reading the Mother Earth News,
being totally self-sufficient, raising everything they need?
Or are they purchasing goods and services from businesses, which in turn pay
taxes?
You say that some families are not reporting icome from renters. Where is
the proof? Show me.
Not that I doubt it, just that accusation without documentation is worthless
in court. Without proof, it is just rumor.
Tell me, Mr. Ford, have you EVER provided a service you've been paid for and
not reported the income?
I don't care if you mowed your Aunt Matilda's lawn for $3, if you didn't
report it you are guilty of the same thing as what you are accusing others
of.
I believe most of us, at one time or another, have done the same.
As with Joan, read the definition of "school". Whether a school is for
profit or not is irrelevant. Two are doing business as schools and one is a
non profit school. All are teaching something and that, by definition, is a
school.

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor
Latah Eagle