[Vision2020] Response to Mr. Hansen: State Approved not National adifference in Nursing

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun May 15 14:37:32 PDT 2005

Mr. Donovan -

The American Association of Colleges of Nursing is a NATIONAL accrediting
agency.  It is located at:

American Association of Colleges of Nursing
One Dupont Circle, NW
Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036

The Lewis-Clark State College Nursing Program has been continually
accredited (by that NATIONAL accrediting agency) since 1979.

http://www.aacn.nche.edu/CCNE/reports/rptAccreditedPrograms.asp?state=ID&sFu

As opposed to your comment:

"Meanwhile, public institutions like Lewis and Clark have numerous programs
that are not accredited like their nursing program."

Perhaps when you stated "nursing program" I misunderstood it to mean
"nursing program".

You state that the program is NOT accredited.  Yet, you later state that it
is:

"They are however, all state accredited, or approved, . . . "

Enough said.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.