[Vision2020] Response to Mr. Hansen: State Approved not National a difference in Nursing

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 14:18:32 PDT 2005

Mr. Hansen,

It depends on which program she is in. Not all the
programs are nationally approved. They are however,
all state accredited, or approved, which means that
same thing unless you ask Wayne or Rose.

". . . the program is approved by the Idaho State
Board of Nursing and the Idaho State Board of
Education. The program will be applying for
accreditation through the National League of Nursing."

LCSC website:
http://www.lcsc.edu/nurdiv/pn/default.htm

The LCSC program is not NATIONALLY APPROVED by the
national league of nursing in all their nursing
programs.

However, the test to be a nurse is the same state to
state, although you have to apply separately for a
license in each state unless you are in an interstate
agreement program.

I would not worry though, because LCSC will be fully
nationally accredited in the next year or so and a
nurse is a nurse once they pass the national test.

LCSC has an excellent nursing program.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

http://www.aacn.nche.edu/CCNE/reports/rptAccreditedPrograms.asp?state=ID&sFu
> llName=Idaho
>
> My apologies for my response to Arnold's "claim".
>
> Take care, Moscow.
>
> Tom Hansen
>
> We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp,
> some are pretty, some are
> dull, some have weird names, and all are different
> colors....but they all
> exist very nicely in the same box.

Discover Yahoo!