[Vision2020] Doug Wilson again

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 14 16:36:57 PDT 2005

No need for confusion, Ms. Roskovich.

To quote Title 4 (Zoning Code), Section 3-5 (Central Business Zoning
District), Paragraph B of the City Code:

"B. Permitted Principal Uses and Structures:

1.	Retail sales enterprises, excluding firms selling bulky items, such
as building materials, mobile homes, trailers, boats and heavy equipment.

2. Professional, financial, business and medical offices, and any enterprise
rendering professional or personal services.

3. Repair shops for commodities, such as household appliances, bicycles, and
shoes.

4. Eating and drinking establishments catering primarily to on-premise
consumers; entertainment, dancing and recreation establishments, including
restaurants, bars, theaters, video arcades, dance halls and physical fitness
centers.

5. Printing and publishing houses, including newspaper publishing.

6. Lodges, private clubs, and fraternal societies.

7. Commercial schools, churches, synagogues, mosques, governmental offices,
libraries, museums, art galleries, police and fire stations, and similar
public or private institutions.

8. Residential uses, provided that dwellings located on the ground floor are
located behind commercial uses in a manner that they will not interrupt
commercial frontage.

9. Public utility installations relating directly to local distribution of
services, including switching and transmission stations, but not including
warehouses and service yards.

10. Publicly and privately owned and operated off-street parking facilities
if open to the public; however, any such area shall not be used as a sales
or storage area for mobile homes, trailers, boats or heavy-duty equipment.

11. Drive-up windows associated with financial institutions."

The retail sales enterprise known as "Moscow Food Co-op" is well within the
interpretation of item #1, above.

Whereas New St. Andrews does not fit within the interpretation of any of the
above items:  that which is not permitted is strictly prohibited.

Take care, Moscow.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.

  _____