[Vision2020] 05-12-05 Washington Post: Panel Votes to Ban WomenFrom Combat

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 14 09:45:55 PDT 2005

Excellent posting, Wayne.

The American people have been set against assigning female soldiers to
combat units for as long as I can remember.

Although it may be true that female soldiers have never been assigned to
infantry line units, they have been assigned to units with combat missions
and have performed duties commensurate with that unit's mission.  I am
talking about Military Police (Army MOS 95B) in military police units.  MP
units perform prisoner escort, convoy escort, and a wide range of other
duties WHILE UNDER FIRE.  In the course of my 20 years in the Army, I have
known many female military police.  Duties assigned to these female military
police were not limited by their gender.  Their service has been exemplary
and has, in many cases, exceeded the service of their male counterparts.

If a person feels that their sense of patriotism can be better satisfied in
a combat unit, I see no reason to deny them that opportunity based solely on
their gender.

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen

Just Another Intolerista Liberal Elitista Diversity-cleansing Wacko Nutjob
Loose in the Palouse Doing What Comes Natural

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.