[Vision2020] Question for Mr. Ament and Mr. Curley

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 14 06:39:49 PDT 2005

After re-listening to the entire two-and-a-half-hour recording of the Board
of Adjustment hearing conducted in City Hall on May 12, 2005, it is evident
that Mr. Dickison argues that NSA is a school that offers "higher
educational activities" and is pending accreditation from Transnational
Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACCS).

It is my opinion that the primary reason why Mr. Dickison is not claiming
that NSA is not a school is due to another appeal that he is currently
fighting in another venue.  That appeal concerns itself with property taxes.

This makes the issue considerably simpler.  Either NSA:

1)  is a school and not permitted within the business district or

2)  it is not a school and is required to pay property taxes.

I may not be an attorney, but I am wiling to accept Mr. Dickison's argument
that New St. Andrews is a school.

Enough said for now.

Take care, Moscow.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.