[Vision2020] Happy 80th birthday, Yogi

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 12:35:24 PDT 2005

On this, Yogi Berra's 80th birthday, some Yogi-isms:  "A nickel ain't worth
a dime anymore.", "How can you think and hit at the same time?",  "I'm not
going to buy my kids an encyclopedia.  Let them walk to school like I did.",
"If people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's gonna stop
'em.", "If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.", "In
theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  In practice,
there is.", "It's like deja vu all over again.", "The future ain't what it
used to be.", "You can observe a lot just by watching.", "You woudn't have
won if we'd beaten you.", "The only reason I need these gloves is because of
my hands.", "If you don't set goals, you can't regret not reaching them.",
When asked for the time:  "You mean now?", On his wife: "We have a good time
together, even when we're not together.", "We're lost, but we're making
great time.", "I knew exactly where it was, I just couldn't find it.", When
asked what he'd do if he found a million dollars: "I'd find the fellow who
lost it, and if he was poor, I'd return it.", "I usually take a two-hour
nap, from 1 to 4.", "Steve McQueen looks good in this movie.  He must have
made it before he died.",  "You better cut the pizza into four pieces
because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.", "I think Little League is
wonderful.  It keeps the kids out of the house.", When asked his head size
at the beginning of spring training to get fitted for a new cap: "I don't
know, I'm not in shape.", "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
Happy birthday, Yogi.

                                                                      Carl
Westberg Jr.