[Vision2020] Correction: Whoops on that Spinoza date

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue May 10 20:19:18 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries,

Please allow me to correct part of my previous post.  The piece I quoted from Spinoza anticipates Doug's antics by four centuries, not one.  I'm afraid I'd already moved on to George Eliot and "Middlemarch" when I wrote that; thusly, I erred.  Not that it matters to the larger point I was attempting to make . . . except perhaps to Dale "I'm on it, Doug!" Courtney.  He should get a few weeks' worth of blogstalking material out of this:

"Bah to Joan Opyr and her lame excuses!  She thinks Spinoza was a Victorian!  Idiot!  Faux intellectual!  Lesbian!  Her mother was a hamster and her father smelled of elderberries!"

Yours from Muddlemarch, down on the farm,
Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com

PS: I wonder how Dale's efforts to be the new Jimmie Olson are coming along.  Has Nathan Alford, Jr. taken those broad, broad hints that Dale has been dropping that he wants, really wants, pants-peeingly, desperately wants his very own column in the Daily Planet?  If only Lois Lane would get the hell out of the way!

PPS: The line about the hamster and the elderberries is from Monty Python, quoted without copyright permission.  Go ahead, Dale!  Tattle, tattle!  John Cleese will be furious!