[Vision2020] MoscowWiki has Moscow Farmers' Market Music Schedule

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Tue May 10 13:55:56 PDT 2005

Deena Heath sent the MFM music schedule and its now on a page made for MFM
here: http://moscowwiki.editme.com/MoscowFarmersMarket

What worked about this? What didn¹t work, or was sub-optimal?

What worked
1) The information got posted, and posted before the MFM¹s own site had the
data, check here: http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/mac/fmschedule.asp on their web
site.   This is not bragging, its an observation that by disintermediating
the webmaster, the work does not get caught in a bottle neck.

What else could work?
2) Let¹s say Tom Armstrong wants a web site, he could turn his listing in
MoscowWiki into a link to a page he would create in MoscowWiki.
3) Or at the last moment, Joan Alexaner invites a friend to join her show.
Joan could update the wiki to reflect this guest, without going through
Deena or MFM¹s web master

4) If these things were working, MFM could decide to eliminate the
fmschedule.asp page from their site and link (with suitable instructions) to
the MoscowWiki page.

What didn¹t work
Deena didn¹t do the update of the MoscowWiki page herself, I did. (No
complaint, but what happened is I became her new webmaster, which does not
solve #1 above.)

This data is a copy of the data that I anticipate will appear on the MFM
site, so if there is an update, it risks the copies getting out of sync.
Perhaps MoscowWiki is not the place to host this data ‹ that is fine ‹ there
probably should be one place, with others pointing to the one source (such
as Moscow Food Coop does) .

If we can figure out how to get RSS feeds from FirstStep calendar to appear
in MoscowWiki, then their database might hold the only copy of the MFM music
schedule and a filtered view of the calendar would appear in various
websites.

Perhaps we¹ll see you in MoscowWiki soon?
Or perhaps at the next Wiki Raising party in 2 weeks.