[Vision2020] architect

Michael Curley curley at turbonet.com
Sun May 8 14:09:03 PDT 2005

Phil:
The FPC has existed in one form or another (in other words, there
may have been a slightly different name) for 15 years or so.  Hummel
wasn't hired two years before that.  And for that matter, Hummel
wasn't "hired" in the sense that they received any direct payment
from the district when they first signed on to evaluate the project.
They did much, if not all, of their work gratis with the hope of
being named the architect for the project if it were approved.  As I
said before, they may have been paid some expenses over time.  You
could review the monthly check records of the District--which are
regularly presented at the Board meeting in front of the public and
which you can also obtain by public records request.

In any event, Strauber misspoke if he said he'd been there since two
years before the FPC, or you misunderstood him.  That just isn't
correct information.

(Source for this information:  I was on the committee at the time
Hummel first came into the picture--my best recollection being 2000
or 2001.)
Mike