[Vision2020] Apology

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu May 5 08:49:01 PDT 2005

All,

Donovan correctly takes me to task for using the phrase:

"just tell us so that we can understand your cognitive disabilities and accord your posts the merit they're due."

The use of the word "disabilities" in this context was insensitive and uncalled for.

I sincerely apologize to all for this egregious lapse, and especially to those whose cognitive disabilities are such that they are not easily/readily treatable by training, diligence, and application -- my heart goes out to these unfortunate people who try but because of genetic/environmental factors find it very difficult to think logically/clearly.

What I should have said was "logical and epistemological impairment."  This condition is easily treated by training, diligence, and/or application.  Hence, my directive to Phil should have read:

"just tell us so that we can understand your logical and epistemological impairment and accord your posts the merit they're due."

If Phil, Donavan, or anyone else takes umbrage at the phrase "logical and epistemological impairment," then for a constructive alternative, they can acquire and study a moderately sophisticated text on critical thinking, or lacking that self-improvement motivation, they can take their TS cards down to Anselm House and have them punched.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com